The Sub-Acute (long-term) inpatient program at Methodist Behavioral Hospital provides extended care to children ages 4-11 with long-standing emotional and/or behavioral issues. The program focuses on extensive therapeutic intervention and individualized treatment.
The Sub-Acute program is physician-led and multidisciplinary, addressing the overall medical, psychiatric and academic needs of the child, while still attending to their social and emotional lives.
The program also provides
- Compassionate care for depression, emotional difficulties and behavioral needs
- Intensive individual, family and group therapy
- Skill-building activities
- A staff of Board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists, therapists, case managers, nurses, teachers and behavioral instructors
- Therapeutic activities, outings and passes
- Aftercare and follow-up through counseling services, therapeutic day treatment and school-based counseling services